ST. CATHARINES, ON – The 20th Annual Niagara Icewine Festival is around the corner and the time is right to plan your January getaway to Niagara. www.niagarawinefestival.com
The 2015 Xerox Icewine Gala marks the 20th year that the Niagara region celebrates thistruly Canadian icon: Icewine.
What began as a gala event has evolved into three weekends of globally sought after Icewine experiences.
From stunning formal affairs to outdoor Ice village settings to vineyard fireworks with roasted marshmallows, Niagara is the place to explore your senses.
• Taste the best in culinary and wine as noted Niagara chefs prepare Icewine infused delights or create the ultimate Icewine pairing
• Feel the cold on your cheeks as you stand amidst Icewine vines and learn how Icewine is produced
• Gaze at the beauty that surrounds you as you follow the famed wine route as it threads its way from the Niagara Escarpment to the Niagara River
• Smell the rich honey and peach undertones of a perfectly balanced Icewine, followed by a savoury morsel that is equally mouth watering
• Listen to the storytellers at our wineries as they share their memories of an Icewine Harvest
We take great pride in celebrating this anniversary and guarantee that this is a Festival experience like none other in the world.
The Xerox Icewine Gala on Friday January 9th is Niagara’s hottest wine and culinary ticket as the Fallsview Casino Resort Grand Hall is transformed into an evening of luxury and opulence.
Live entertainment, dancing and an evening of the best wine and food Niagara has to offer, sets the tone for a weekend to remember.
Follow up the Icewine Gala with the Discovery Pass and explore the wintry landscape along the Niagara wine route.
This ever popular tasting program runs Fridays through Sundays for three weekends beginning January 9th. Use your pass to experience eight (8) wine and culinary pairings from over 35 incredible wineries.
From hearty chilis and savoury soups to the sweet treats paired with VQA Icewines and tables wines; the experiences are sweet, savoury and spicy.
New for 2015 is the Niagara Icewine Festival in Niagara Falls. On January 23rd, 24th and 25th, Niagara Falls will present their inaugural Icewine Festival program.
Staged at the Scotiabank Convention Centre, the weekend will feature VQA table wines and of course Icewine from across the Niagara Region.
Culinary delights will be made available by local restaurants and chefs and the live entertainment will provide the right mix of casual musical entertainment for all ages.
Admission to event is $10.00 which includes your souvenir glass.
For a complete listing of all Icewine Festival programming and events, visit niagarawinefestival.com
Join us September 12-27, 2015 for the Niagara Wine Festival, rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Events by BizBash in 2014!