Welcome

Greetings to the many thousands of readers from across Canada and the United States, as well as countries including the United Kingdom, Germany, France, India, Australia, Japan, Mexico, Romania and the Netherlands.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Wellington County collects Beanie Babies

At the Wellington County Museum and Archives
ABOYNE –  With more than 122 Beanie Babies, Tori Hadfield and Megan Roussel are the next exhibitors to be highlighted in Wellington County Collects illustrating their personal stories, memories and the joy in Beanie Baby collecting.

“My favourite part of collection is reading through all their name tags,” Megan Roussel said. “I started
collecting Beanie Babies because it was something that a few of my friends and I did when I was about seven years old.”


“I can remember stories about almost all of my Beanie Babies. Each one has a specific history,” Tori Hadfield said. “When I was younger, and my collection was smaller, I displayed them in a very particular manner, often categorized by themes, often by the type of animal and habitat.”
“Both collections highlight the memories of two younger collectors,” Amy Dunlop Curatorial Assistant said.
“Each Beanie Baby is one of a kind and it is a fun collection to talk about and highlight as many have
individual poems and birthdates.”
 
The exhibition is on display in the Archives until May 11, 2014.
 

“I’m so happy to be able to display them at the museum,” Tori Hadfield said. “You can check out tidbits at
our Facebook fan page too (www.facebook.com/TheCollectionofToriHadfieldandMeganRoussel ),” said Tori.
 

The Wellington County Museum and Archives is located on Wellington Road #18 between Fergus and Elora.
 

The galleries are open weekdays from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Saturdays and
Sundays.
 

-30-
 

0536 Wellington Road 18
Fergus, ON, CANADA N1M 2W3
T 519.846.0916 x 5221
TOLL FREE: 1.800.663.0750 x 5221
www.wellington.ca/museum

No comments:

Post a Comment